The best gaming chairs with footrest are designed to give you an added level of comfort. More to the comfort, while spending long hours during gaming, you will need the perfect seat which is ergonomic and provide lumbar support without compromising on your health too.
Reclining gaming chair with footrest allows you to sit at an angle that eases the pressure on your lumbar disc. If you are already having back pain or want to prevent it, a reclining chair will be a great investment. When your legs are on a footrest, you won’t forget to move them around frequently—which is good for circulation.
Factors to consider for selecting the best gaming chair with footrest
- Lumbar support: The height of the back forms the deciding factor for a healthy spine and lumbar support.
- Retractable footrest: Gaming chairs with a retractable footrest, which not only serves as an extreme comfort during gaming but also when the footrest is pulled back when not in use, the chair serves the dual purpose of using it as an office chair altogether.
- Upholstery and ergonomics: The quality of the material used in the make which can be bonded leather, Pu leather, vinyl, mesh decides the durability while the cushion used and the metal framework in the chair decides the comfort.
- Support: Need to check the maximum weight that the chair can withstand during long hours of usage.
Keeping in mind all the primary factors: health, comfort, durability, and value of the gaming chairs, here are some of the cherry-picked gaming chairs with footrest as an accessory you get to choose from. All the gaming chairs listed here are refined down after meeting the above requirements.
Let’s get in then!
10 Best Gaming Chairs with Footrest
- Respawn 110 Gaming Chair – (Best overall)
- Ficmax Ergonomic Racing Style Gaming Chair – (For big and tall users)
- Merax High Back Racing Ergonomic Gaming Chair – (Best sturdy design)
- DXRacer Classic Series – (Best warranty)
- Furmax Gaming Chair – (Best height adjustment)
- BestOffice High-back Computer Gaming Chair – (Best price)
- ELECWISH Ergonomic Computer Gaming Chair – (Best max weight capacity)
- TOPSKY High Back Racing Style Gaming Chair – (Best lumbar support and feet)
- Blue Whale Gaming Chair – (Best adjustment and rocking)
- Homall Ergonomic High-back Gaming Chair – (Best race car seat)
Review of Best Gaming Chairs with Footrest
Respawn 110 Gaming Chair – Best overall
Covers all the ergonomic aspects from being a budget-friendly chair to design which does not compromise on your health, it is easy for anyone to settle for Respawn 110 gaming chair.
Designed like a race-car, this chair will allow you to enjoy long gaming sessions without feeling back pain. It has a built-in adjustable lumbar pillow that provides lumbar support and another that cushions your neck while the chair in whole has a 155-degree reclining control with infinite angle lock and tilt tension. The footrest is extendable while the headrest is adjustable. All these features combined, Respawn 110 gaming chair provides you the extra optimal unrivaled support and a comfortable position in one shot.
The steel tube used as a framing material delivers that sturdy factor to withstand up to 275 pounds. The ability to swivel 360 degrees will give you the luxury of flexible movement. At 24 pounds, Respawn 110 gaming chair is one of the lightweight chairs with footrest—the price is also just as light. It is one chair that strikes a balance between style having 9 color variants, durability having a strong built, and price, lesser than an ultra-wide monitor.
- Highly budget-friendly
- Reclining, swivel, and extendable footrest ensures maximum comfort
- Hold up to 275 pounds weight
- Adjustable lumbar and headrest pillows
- Extremely lightweight and easy to handle
- Dedicated representative after-sales support
- The armrest is not adjustable
- Competitors can recline up to 180 degrees
- Customers complain that the armrest wobbles after short usage
Ficmax Ergonomic Racing Style Gaming Chair – For big and tall users
A chair that combines comfort with massage is a great asset because of the potential health benefits. Ficmax reclining gaming chair stands out by having a complimentary lumbar pillow powered by USB that doubles as a massager. This chair can hold up to 300 pounds making it a favorite for big and tall users.
In terms of comfort, Ficmax ergonomic racing style gaming chair has a lot to offer including an armrest with two-dimension height adjustment, retractable footrest, and large seat cushion. It can swivel from 90 to 180 degrees allowing you to set your comfort. The 360 swivel ability combines well with the caster wheels allowing you to move anyhow you want. At a weight of 51 pounds, this chair may look like a load. The price is not also entirely budget-friendly. However, if you can ignore those seeming flaws, you have one of the best gaming chairs with footrest.
- Complimentary USB powered lumbar support pillow that doubles as a massager
- PU leather is dirt and fade resistant
- Carry up to 300 pounds weight
- The armrest has two-dimensional height adjustment
- Heavier weight may make handling difficult
- Slightly expensive
Merax High Back Racing Ergonomic Gaming Chair–Best sturdy design
Keeping comfort as the primary factor, Merax high back racing ergonomic gaming chair has an upholstered premium quality leather material that provides enhanced breathability while working for long hours, and is also dirt and fade resistant ensuring long durability as well.
This chair has an integrated metal frame that can support a sturdy base with smooth-rolling casters. Made to mimic a racing chair, this gaming chair with footrest has an adjustable lumbar and headrest pillow that protects your spine and neck from injuries, the armrest is also padded and adjustable. When you get tired you can recline the chair from 90 to 175 degrees and take a break. The base is extra stable comprising of 5 durable casters and 360 swivel ability for easy movement.
Both the footrest and headrest are retractable so that you can adjust the height to match that of your working desk when resumed. However, there are a few drawbacks that you may want to pay attention to including the maximum weight capacity of 250 pounds. The chair is also slightly expensive and can be considered heavy at 44.1 pounds. Nevertheless, it will make a perfect seat for most users.
- Made of high-quality PU leather that is dust and fade resistant
- Adjustable lumbar and headrest pillow with a thick padded seat
- The gap under the headrest to allow air circulation
- Comes in a variety of colors
- Reclining ability is less than 180 degrees
- Hold a maximum of 250 pounds weight
- Slightly expensive
- High weight may make handling difficult
DXRacer Classic Series – Best warranty
Sometimes, all you need to trust a product is a good warranty from the manufacturer. DXRacer has a lifetime warranty on its frames and a 24-month warranty on its parts. Only a few manufacturers can match this.
This gaming chair is certified by BIFMA in terms of safety and durability in having a class 4 heavy-duty gas lift and a thickened chassis. To ensure total comfort for your arms and shoulders, this gaming chair with footrest offers four-direction armrest adjustments. It features a leather style vinyl material and also has a gas spring mechanism for adjusting the height to match that of the working desk.
Like all the best gaming chairs with leg rest, the DXRacer has a reclining feature that allows you to take a break from active work. The first quality of this chair that is a huge setback for potential buyers is the huge price tag. This chair is also extremely heavy, considering all the heavy built, weighing 66 pounds. However, one thing is clear; if you are looking for a chair that will outlive its price tag, this should be an easy pick.
- Support up to 300lbs weight
- Higher backrest
- Lifetime warranty on internal steel framing of seat
- Patented racing style design
- Strong aluminum base
- Four-direction armrest adjustment
- Extremely heavy which may affect the handling
- Not a budget gaming chair
Furmax Gaming Chair – Best height adjustment
While most computer chair with footrest will allow you to adjust the height of the chair, Furmax gaming chair makes the entire process easy using a pneumatic gas lift system. The chair also has a special tilt mechanism design that provides more stability when you recline the chair from 90 to 180 degrees. This means you can even use your chair as a bed. Adding to your convenience is a 5-star caster and 360 degrees swivel ability. Besides comfort, the thick padding and tubular steel frame give this product unmatched durability.
If rocking motion helps to calm your nerves then you are in luck because Furmax gaming chair can be rocked back and forth. The height of the armrest is also adjustable. This chair has a maximum weight capacity of 310lbs which is far more than you will get from regular chairs. At 51.8 pounds, this chair can be considered slightly heavy. Likewise, it is not entirely budget-friendly. However, if you are looking for comfort and versatility, you wouldn’t want to miss this exotic gaming chair.
- Ability to rock back and forth
- Height adjustment can be done with ease
- Support up to 310 pounds weight
- Reclining can reach 180 degrees
- Universal casters prevent marking and scratching
- Slightly heavy
- Not entirely budget-friendly
BestOffice High-back Computer Gaming Chair – Best price
If you have a budget below $100, the BestOffice computer chair with footrest will be a great choice. The entire chair is covered with breathable premium PU leather and equipped with adjustable headrest and lumbar pillow for total comfort. The chair can also recline from 90 to 155 degrees allowing you to align your body the way that suits you best.
A plus to this budget chair is the 360 degrees swivel and smooth-rolling caster which aids your mobility. Like you will expect from most budget products, the BestOffice gaming chair with leg rest has its flaws. The maximum weight it can hold is 250lbs which is slightly less than what competing brands offer. It is also slightly heavy at 45.1 pounds. However, if your decision boils down to what you can afford, BestOffice gaming chair will almost, always be a jackpot.
- Smooth-rolling caster and 36 degrees swivel
- Highly budget-friendly
- Adjustable headrest and lumbar pillow
- Breathable PU leather that keeps you cool during long gaming hours
- Weight capacity max at 250lbs
- Maximum reclining is 155 degrees
- Slightly heavy
ELECWISH Ergonomic Computer Gaming Chair – Best maximum weight capacity
If you are big or entertain visitors in that category, it is important to check the maximum weight capacity of any chair before buying. ELECWISH ergonomic computer gaming chair can hold weights of up to 330lbs making this ideal for heavy build users. The entire body is covered with soft, anti-scratch PU leather. To ensure maximum comfort, this gaming chair with footrest can recline between 90 and 170 degrees. The armrest, lumbar pillow, and headrest pillow are all adjustable.
The 5-star base is foldable which makes storage easier. The padding is thick and the height is adjustable allowing you to choose your most comfortable spot. ELECWISH ergonomic computer gaming chair is slightly heavy at 51.1 pounds and certainly not for those on a slim budget. However, for those that can afford it, this chair can blend into the home or office or just anywhere you need it to be because it comes in 10 color variants
- Maximum weight capacity is up to 330lbs
- The entire body is covered with anti-scratch PU leather
- Height and armrest are adjustable
- The 5-star base is foldable for easy storage
- High weight may cause handling difficulty
- Reclining does not exceed 170 degrees
- Not entirely budget-friendly
TOPSKY High Back Racing Style Gaming Chair – Best lumbar support and feet
The first thing you will probably notice about this reclining gaming chair is its large lumbar pillow. Many can argue that the design is more ergonomic. Both the height and the headrest pillow are adjustable. This gaming chair is also supported by stronger ergonomics with Pu leather material and electroplate feet, meeting and exceeding BIFMA standards.
The narrow gap under the headrest will allow air to circulate freely, making sure that you stay cool if you are going to be having hours of gaming sessions. This gaming chair with footrest also stands tall in the area of weight support, being able to carry up to 300lbs—but that is not all.
TOPSKY designed this high back gaming chair to be able to recline from 90 to 180 degrees making it easy for you to take breaks from work. With its 360 degrees swivel and smooth casters, you get to move around with ease. This chair feels slightly heavy though at 44.1 pounds and the price can be an issue for those on a slim budget. However, if you consider the comfort and the benefits to your back, those seeming flaws can be overlooked.
- A bigger lumbar support pillow
- Adjustable height and headrest pillow
- The armrest is well padded
- Maximum weight capacity is up to 300lbs
- Recline up to 180 degrees
- 5 sturdy, durable and racing design castors
- Slightly heavy which may affect the use
- Not entirely budget-friendly
Blue Whale Gaming Chair – Best adjustment and rocking
There are lots of features that make the Blue Whale gaming chair special. It’s tough frame and large size allows it to carry up to 350 pounds weight. Also, almost every part of the chair can be adjusted making it possible for you to find the best comfort. It also has a 20 degrees rocking function. The lumbar pillow also has a massage function which helps to prevent any form of back pain from occurring—particularly for those who sit for long hours. The artificial PU leather, high density thicker sponge, the heavy-duty metal base used in the manufacture makes the chair breathable and skin-friendly.
Like other best gaming chairs with footrest, the Blue Whale gaming chair support 360 swivel and used smooth-rolling casters to ease your movement. You can recline it up to 175 degrees and it would almost feel like you are lying on a bed. In addition to being a little pricey, this chair also feels heavy at 50 pounds. However, the manufacturers make up for this by offering 24 months warranty for damaged or defective parts. It’s a chair that is worth the value.
- Lumbar pillow doubles as a massage
- Maximum weight capacity is up to 350lbs
- The manufacturer offers 24 months warranty
- Almost all the parts can be adjusted
- Reclining ability is not up to 180 degrees
- Slightly expensive
- High weight can affect the handling
Homall Ergonomic High-back Gaming Chair – Best race car seat
Homall ergonomic high back gaming chair is designed to look like a real racing car seat which is determined to positively drive you with zeal during gaming. Made up of high-density shaping foam, 1.8 mm thick steel frame responsible for its sturdiness, and upholstered with a Pu leather that is skin-friendly and wear-resistant.
The footrest can be made to align with the pedals of your gaming accessories so that you’ll play like you are the driver. However, features like the ability of the backrest to recline up to 180 degrees, 360 degrees swivel and smooth-rolling casters earned this chair a place on the list of best gaming chairs with footrest.
The armrest can be adjusted vertically. The headrest pillow and lumbar pillow can also be adjusted or removed entirely. The thick padding of the seat also takes pressure away from your hips. This reclining gaming chair with footrest weighs 53 pounds and the price—although mid-range—can still be an issue for budget buyers. If you choose this chair you will also get 12 months warranty.
- Good simulation of a racing car seat
- Silent rolling rubber casters-tested by 1000 miles
- Reclining of the backrest up to 180 degrees
- Smooth-rolling casters and 360 swivels for easy movement
- Maximum weight capacity is up to 33lbs
- Adjustable armrest, lumbar and headrest pillows
- Large weight can make handling difficult
- Price can still be an issue for budget buyers
Buying Guide For The Best Gaming Chair With Footrest
Comfort will always come first before every other factor when it comes to picking a gaming chair. This is because gamers are known to spend long hours on their seat. However, there are other factors that you need to consider including the adjustability, maximum weight capacity, and lumbar and headrest support. But how do these features stack up or affect you? Keep reading for all the answers you need.
You can only sit for long hours if your chair is comfortable. Studies have also shown that ergonomic furniture increases productivity for workers—but you can extend this to gamers also. Furthermore, seats that are not comfortable will likely lead to backaches. This explains why you should never skimp on comfort when you are choosing a chair. Reclining, seat padding and adjustability of the height and armrests are critical factors that determine how comfortable your chair would be.
The popular materials that are often used in the manufacture of gaming seats include mesh, leather or faux leather, fabric, vinyl, and polyurethane (PU). PU is the most commonly used material for gaming chairs with leg rest. This is because of its softness and firmness. The material used can also affect the overall weight of the product. However, certain weather tends to wear some materials faster than others.
This is one of the most important features you should pay attention to when making your choice. Some of the chairs on our list of best gaming chair with footrest have their lumbar pillow double as a massager. The lumbar support is either fixed or adjustable. For obvious reasons, the adjustable lumbar support will always be better than the fixed support—particularly if the chair will be used by more than one person.
Maximum Weight Capacity
The manufacturers always provide information concerning the maximum weight their chair can carry. Before you buy any chair, it is paramount to make sure they can carry your weight. Using a chair that is rated below your weight will end up causing them to wear faster. For a chair to make our list of best gaming chair with footrest, it had to have at least a weight capacity of 250 pounds. Chairs that support larger weight tend to be more stable even when reclined.
All the chairs with footrest are not built equal. While some can recline up to 180 degrees, others cap between 155 and 175 degrees. Choosing the level of recline is strictly a personal choice. However, whatever your choice may be, make sure they have a lock mechanism that will keep your recline in place. Some chairs have a rocking function when reclined at a certain angle.
Height adjustment and armrest adjustments easily come to mind when you talk about adjustments. Different chairs use different mechanisms for height adjustments. Choose a chair with a mechanism that you can easily understand. When it comes to the armrest, the number of adjustments can be 2D or 4D. Being able to adjust the armrest always has some sort of advantage over fixed armrests.
When it comes to choosing the best gaming chair with footrest, the emphasis should not be on the price. A few chairs below 100 dollars which still offer great comfort as well as have a good recline. However, if you already have back pain or want to avoid them, spending a little more to get a chair with a lumbar pillow that doubles as a massager may not be a bad idea.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Will footrest improve comfort?
Yes. The best way to sit is to have the flat of the feet on the ground. Getting this position right can be difficult. However, when your leg is suspended, you don’t need to worry a lot about your sitting posture.
- What is the most important factor to consider when buying a gaming chair with footrest?
Comfort should always come before every other factor when buying a gaming chair with footrest. The types of adjustments and the material of the chair are the main factors that affect comfort.
- Must I use the footrest?
No. The footrest is retractable and you can push it under the chair when not in use.
- Why do ergonomically designed chairs still need a lumbar pillow?
The lumbar pillow further allows you to customize your comfort. Some lumbar pillows are massagers which also help to improve blood circulation.
Big users should always pay attention to the weight capacity of the chairs they want to buy because their weight can affect the durability of their chairs. Another factor that is often ignored is the weather. Always choose a chair made of a material that is suitable for the prevailing weather in your area. The options available for a gamer are numerous and this can make it more difficult for you to make a choice. We have done most of the work by presenting you with a curated list of 10 products you can trust. However, you still need to strike a balance between your budget and comfort bearing in mind the different unique features of these products.
Last update on 2020-04-10 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API