This time we’ll go over ways to change your username in one of the most popular video games on the market today — Fortnite. We’ll cover all the platforms this title is available on, so whether you’re playing on your PC, console, or smartphone, this article is sure to be useful for you.
Sometimes, while creating a new account, we lack the idea for a fitting username, so we decide to set it to something completely random. When we find ourselves in this situation on the Epic Games platform, once we find the username we want to use, there’s no need to create another account; we can change it from within our existing profile.
What are the risks of changing your username?
There are no risks at all! Your friends list, game progress, stats, achievements, in-game currencies — everything stays in place. The only thing that changes is our displayed username, but after all, that’s what we’re looking for.
How much does it cost to change your username?
It depends. Changing your username in Fortnite is free of charge on platforms like PC, Android, iOS, and Nintendo Switch. However, you’d have to wait at least 2 weeks before the next change.
As for the Xbox and PS4 versions, such a change will cost you $10; while you can change your username whenever you feel like it, there are no limits in that matter.
How to change your username on Fortnite?
Now that we know that changing your username in Fortnite is an entirely safe procedure and what costs we might face, let’s move on to explaining how to perform this process on different types of devices.
Change your Fortnite name on mobile devices (Android/iOS/Nintendo Switch)
In case you want to change your username on mobile devices, you’ll have to use the Epic Games website directly.
- Step 1: Open your mobile browser.
- Step 2: Go to the Epic Games Store official website (epicgames.com).
- Step 3: Once you’re on the Epic Games Store website, click on the blue square in the upper-right corner, and choose “Sign In”.
- Step 4: Choose the desired option to sign in to your Epic Games account.
- Step 5: Complete the log-in process.
- Step 6: After logging in, you’ll be redirected to the Epic Games Store’s home page. Click in the blue square in the upper-right corner and select your username.
- Step 7: Select “Account” from all the options given.
- Step 8: You’ll be redirected to your Epic Games account settings. Under “Account Info”, you’ll find your currently displayed username. Click on the blue square next to it.
- Step 9: From here, you’ll have the option to change your displayed username. Enter your new username in the required fields and select “Confirm”.
- Step 10: That’s it! You have successfully changed your displayed username in Fortnite and all other titles you own on your Epic Games account.
Change your Fortnite name on PC/Mac
As for PCs, you can use the same method as on mobile devices. However, we’ll show you how to do this process using the desktop Epic Games Launcher app.
- Step 1: Open Epic Games Launcher app on your computer.
- Step 2: Choose the desired option to sign in to your Epic Games account.
- Step 3: Complete the log-in process.
- Step 4: Click on your username.
- Step 5: Select “Manage Account” from all the options given.
- Step 6: You’ll be redirected to your Epic Games account settings. Under “Account Info”, you’ll find your currently displayed username. Click on the blue square next to it.
- Step 7: From here, you’ll have the option to change your displayed username. Enter your new nickname in the required fields and select “Confirm”.
- Step 8: Done! As you can see, this process is a bit faster and more convenient.
To mobile players — If the account you’re playing Fortnite on your mobile device is the same as the one on your PC, this method will work for you as well.
Change your Fortnite name on PS4
Your Fortnite name is associated with your PlayStation Network account and its services, which means that if you change your username, it will change not only in Fortnite but also in all your other games.
- Step 1: Log-in to your PlayStation Network account on my.playstation.com.
- Step 2: Select “PSN Profile” from all the options given.
- Step 3: Click on the “Edit” button next to your Online ID.
- Step 4: Enter your new username in the required fields and select “Continue”.
- Step 5: Done! Your first username change on PS4 will be entirely free of charge, but each next will cost you $10.
Change your Fortnite name on Xbox
Similar to PlayStation, your username in Fortnite on Xbox will affect all the other games you own on your console. You’d have to change your Gamertag in your Microsoft Account.
- Step 1: Log-in to your Microsoft Account on account.microsoft.com.
- Step 2: Click on your username and select “My Xbox Profile”.
- Step 3: Select “Customize Profile”.
- Step 4: Click on the “Change” button next to your Gamertag.
- Step 5: Enter your new Gamertag in the required fields and select “Next”.
- Step 6: You’ve just changed your Gamertag!
Same as with PlayStation — the first name change is free; each subsequent change costs $10.
Fortnite username change policy
According to Epic Games’ policy, our username may not include:
- Hate Speech
- Offensive language of any kind
- References to Epic Games employees
- Punctuation marks
You can read more about Fortnite community rules here.
We hope you found the article helpful.
Best of luck in getting your Victory Royales!