With technological advancement, wifi connections are common in computers. But if your system lacks one, you can choose to get wireless wi-fi cards to be installed into your system. It helps to connect your PC to any local network. Nonetheless, the wifi card can be installed in PCI express slow that provides secured internet connection.
10 best pcie wifi card for gaming
As it is common for you to get confused when looking for the right one, here we have provided a list of some top-rated products. Instead of using Ethernet cables or motherboard with wifi features, Pcie wifi card is the safest bet. This assures superb connectivity without making it difficult on user’s pockets. The extensive review shall help you pick the right one. Also, we have provided a relevant buyer’s guide to help you grasp better insight into the features of the products. To make your search an easy one, we have provided a detailed review of product descriptions below.
1. TP-LINK Archer T9E AC1900 Dual Band Wireless PCI Express Adapter (High Speed robust technology)
For gamers, nothing can be better than installing a high-speed wireless connection for hassle-free gaming. The TP-Link Archer enables users to enjoy high internet connectivity almost up to 1300Mbps with the help of an adapter.
The entitled adapter uses 802.11 AC wireless settings that enable beamforming technology. You can get internet access with excellent connectivity strength over long distances.
Interestingly, this wireless adapter does not cost much, and these are the best one for top-notch coverage. It is rightly considered suitable for gamers for an excellent performance. Also, it allows 4k HD video streaming. The wifi adapter has three external antennas that also aids in giving superior network strength. So, considering its value and reliability, it grabs the top positions of wireless adapters in the market. Also, this device requires some necessary installation steps.
- Installed with beamforming technology that enables greater strength over a large distance, unlike regular devices.
- Assured strong connectivity range due to three external antenna set up.
- HD video streaming enables hassle-free online gaming facility.
- Extra download and installation steps are required in case of Windows 10.
- Not compatible to run on Linux operating system
2. ASUS 4×4 802.11AC Wireless AC3100 PCIe Adapter (PCE-AC88)(High-speed connectivity)
Do you lack superfast wifi connectivity in your system? For gamers, Asus PCE-AC88 AC3100 Card is a suitable option that would provide excellent internet speed. It is slightly among the high ranges, but it is worth the investment you make. With dual-band connectivity, it gives speed up to 2100Mbps. Adding to this, it has an external magnetic antenna set up that offers top-notch coverage from. On a different note, you can connect the adapter’s antenna to PCIe cards for better performance.
In case you wish to replace the external antenna, the adapter is compatible with antennas available in the market. Now, you must be worrying about the power usage of the adapter. It comes with a custom heatsink that prevents overheating and evenly distributes the power and gives stability. However, this wireless card is compatible with Windows 7 and Windows 10.
- Fastest dual-band connectivity with a magnetic antenna for better coverage.
- Easy replacement with aftermarket antennas
- Heatsink prevents overheating and allows a secure connection
- Only compatible with Windows 7 and Windows 10.
- Does not support Bluetooth connectivity
3. TP-Link AC1300 Wireless Dual Band PCI-Express Adapter (Archer T6E) (High computing performance)
Are you yet to upgrade your system’s speed suitable for hassle online gaming? The above said PCIe card is the best choice that gives speeds up to 1300Mbps. Featuring the most desired heatsink technology, this helps to dissipate the heat even after prolonged use. Its bandwidth varies from 2.4GHz to 5 GHz giving excellent internet coverage.
The wireless range can be extended by using its external antenna setup that offers stable wifi connectivity. For easy upload, download and easy 4k HD video streaming, this wireless card is the right option the TP-Link AC1300 Wireless is installed with top-notch features to give best internet facilities that you are looking for.
- Easy data transfer for gamers
- Wireless range can be extended with external antenna base
- Heat sink helps in better stability and enables increased performance
- The connectivity might lag signals at times
- Drivers may fail to recognize the wireless PCIe card.
4. Gigabyte GC-WB867D-I Rev PCI Express Adapter (Bluetooth accessibility)
PCIe Wireless cards are useful ones, but having Bluetooth functionality is an added advantage. So, presenting Gigabyte GC-WB867D-I Rev PCI Express Adapter that comes with Bluetooth 4.2 connectivity. The external antenna is a robust one that can support WLAN for 2Tx2R transmission. It further assures similar wireless connection strength when using single antenna instead of multiple.
Moreover, Bluetooth enables Enhanced Data Rate (EDR) support in the system. So, to experiences seamless streaming and gaming with little to no system hang problems, the above said PCIe card would be the perfect buy.
- Enables Bluetooth connectivity
- Provides excellent coverage with external antenna setup even when using a single one
- Offers excellent wireless connection up to 867 Mbps
- Uses a USB port along with wireless card
5. Rosewill 802.11N, N900 PCI Express WiFi Card (Excellent connectivity and performance)
Are you in search of a PCIe wireless card that offers a complete package in terms of performance and top-notch connectivity? So, your search ends as you are relying on Rosewill N900 PCI Express WiFi Card. With dual-band setup, it offers to speed up to 450 Mbps. It goes without saying that with such robust connectivity, this card would be the perfect pick for gamers. Also, it enables HD quality hassle-free streaming facility.
Even though Rosewill is among the reputed brands, but it offers excellent features making the adapter at par with the ones from TP-Link or Asus. More interestingly, the adapter is compatible with all operating system. By enabling heat sink and high-security features, you can expect outstanding performance in terms of connectivity and coverage.
- Offers beamforming technology allowing stronger connectivity
- Provides dual-band connectivity
- Heat sink technique offers reliability and security
- Driver installation may seem daunting
- Reports of unexpected bad connectivity
6. ASUS PCE-AC51 AC750 Wireless Dual-Band Pci-E Adapter (affordable, best performance)
Wireless cards can be affordable and yet deliver top-grade performance. Yes, this is something that you can get from Asus. The dual-band PCIe adapter has x1, x2, x8, or x16 slot fitting compatibility. For better functionality, connectivity, and reliability, this would be the perfect pick. With a user-friendly interface, it is widely accepted
The internet speed range varies from 2.4GHz to 5GHz whether you are using it online games or browsing. In terms of security, the devices support WEP, WPA, and WPA2 encryption, making it easy for this adapter to make a position in the list of the top-rated ones.
- High-speed wireless card connectivity
- Dual-band makes system lag-free
- Better encryption provides better security in using this connection
- Driver installation may be a little daunting
7. TP-LINK TL-WN881ND Wireless N300 PCI Express Adapter (Excellent speed)
Something that all gamer’s desire is to get access to the lag-free internet connection. Here, we bring you the best PCIe wireless adapter from TP-Link that with bandwidth up to 300 Mbps. Unlike most adapters, it offers easy installation procedure that helps to set up a reliable connection. It is compatible with most of the operating system.
Adding to this, it is flexible to use and comes with detachable antennas. To get better coverage, the device antenna can be replaced easily. Its user-friendly designs offer easy installation steps, and therefore, it can be installed without much expertise.
- PCI express adapter helps in easy gaming and streaming
- Detachable antennas can be rotated and adjusted as per requirement
- Inconsistent network connection while gaming
8. Asus PCE-AC68 Wireless PCI Express Adapter
With 802.11 ac chipset, this PCI adapter provides fast network connection and ease of use over the Ethernet cables. Video streaming becomes easy as the adapter offers 150 Mbps bandwidth of the wireless connection. It is compatible to run on a different operating system. The flexibility of antennas gives ease of data transmission, and it can be done irrespective of any place in your home. This adapter is both reliable to use its maximum speed range.
- External antennas with the magnetic base offer flexibility
- Provides excellent network signal strength
- Adapter installation may be challenging
9. Rosewill WiFi Adapter/Wireless Adapter/PCI-E Network Card, 802.11AC Dual Band AC1300 PCI Express Network Adapter (best price rate)
To get access to super-fast internet connectivity on your system, the above said wireless adapter would be the best buy from Rosewill. Installed with latest internet protocol, it offers top-notch wifi experience. The dual-band adapter offers bandwidth of 2.4GHz to 5GHz. The internet speed goes up to 876Mbps, making it suitable for hassle-free gaming and streaming videos in HD mode.
Adding to this, the excellent heat sinking capabilities and the beamforming technology makes it a complete package to opt for. The Omnidirectional antennas are enough to offer better network connectivity.
- Dual-band adapter provides excellent wireless connectivity
- Heat sink method coupled with beamforming technology
- Offers highly reliable network connection
- Multiplayer games may face connectivity issues
10. TP-Link AC1200 PCIe Wireless Wifi PCIe Card (Overall performance)
If you are in search of the wireless adapter, the above said wifi PCIe card from TP-Link would be the safest bet. Its offers top-notch performance as it comes with heat sink technique that enables even heat distribution. Even after prolonged use for gaming or streaming in 4K HD mode, it does not overheat. Also, its external antennas can spread the network coverage to 2x providing a stable and secure connection.
Even network coverage is enhanced by beamforming technology. With easy installation procedure, it is compatible to work on most of the operating systems.
- Beamforming technology takes network coverage to the next level
- Provides ultimate stability with help heat sink techniques
- External antennas offer better signals
- Users may face inconsistent network coverage issues
Comprehensive buyer’s guide for wireless PCI adapter
If assembling a PC yourself, it is recommended to add wireless PCI adapter. This assures excellent internet connectivity. Therefore, it is better to know what parameters to consider before picking the right product.
If you wish to get wifi PCI cards, make sure that it properly fits PCI-slot of your system. It should be such so that it easily connects with the motherboard of the PC. With proper setup, the external antennas will also function suitably.
Ease of installation
Being a wireless adapter, it should involve simple installation steps. This can be installed without much expertise. However, upon purchasing the adapter, you will be installation CDs that shall help.
Check driver compatibility with OS
To keep away from any driver issues when installing a wifi PCI card, make sure that it is compatible with the OS. Therefore, it is better to check whether the driver of the wireless card is working or not at the time of purchasing the product.
Wifi network speed and coverage
Network speed is an important parameter and among the most common protocols, check whether the adapter offers 2.4GHz to 5GHz bandwidth. With this, one can expect to get better network coverage and get access to high-speed internet connection anywhere in the house.
Is the network a secured one?
Yes, the PCIe card wireless adapters mentioned above are secured to use, and it can easily establish a reliable connection. As unauthorized people can use the connections, it is important to use the fully encrypted ones. Check security features before buying an adapter and so, WEP encryption is a must one.
How can you install the PCIe wifi card?
Installation can be daunting with PCIe cards of some companies. With the help of an extensive network base, it becomes easy to install the wifi card on the operating system. Wifi card or PCIe card as it is called in computer gaming language provides reliable and super-fast internet connection upon proper installation. Some simple steps are mentioned below that would help in easy installation.
- Switch off the system
This is important as you should turn off the system before you start installing the PCIe wireless card. Without turning off, the installation can damage the system.
- Open computer case
You have to take out the removable panel of the computer to get access to the parts of the system where you have to place the wireless card. Also, you should check the computer manually so that you do not damage the system when installing the card.
- Locate the PCIe port
Identifying the PCIe port is important so that you can install the card in the right place. To know about the actual place, you can go through the manual.
- Remove the protective plate from PCIe port
Remove the protective plate from the PCIe slot before you fix the network card in the slot. Make sure that the chip of the card should face the bottom of the case. You have to push the card inside the slot to make it function properly.
- You have to fix the cards in place with the help of screws. After this, you have to set up the antenna that comes with the wireless card.
Common FAQs relating to Pcie wifi card
1. Are PCIe wireless cards suitable for gaming?
Answer: Yes, PCIe wireless cards are considered better over USB wifi adapters. In case there is no room for PCIe cards, you have to opt for USB wifi adapters. Comparing the above said two devices, PCIe adapters are the best in terms of high-speed, reliability, network security, and better coverage. For gamers, the PCIe wireless adapters would be a suitable investment.
2. What wifi card speed should you opt for?
Try to wifi card speed matching with that of your router. This would ensure that the wireless card does not restrict the speed limit and provides lag-free gaming experience. If the wireless card has more speed than your router, you need not have to upgrade the wireless adapter from time to time.
3. What is the difference between PCIe versus PCI Network Cards?
PCIe can be considered among recent wireless network connections. Most of the modern wireless cards are in the form of PCIe. For its installation, there should be a spare PCI slot in the system. So, try to get PCIe slots as it the wireless cards will not fit in PCI slots.
Summing it up
So, after going through the product mentioned above details, you can grasp better ideas about which PCIe card to buy. When you buy them, you will need less time in choosing the right product. You can also run comparisons between products and pick the one that suits your requirements the best. With PCIe cards, you can use the hassle-free internet connection on your desktop. Get the right one so that you do not have to worry about better connectivity and performance of PCIe wireless card.