Save your money on gaming chair without compromising on the quality. Here are the best cheap gaming chair under the budget, in the price range of $70 – under $200.
So you want to upgrade your gaming space, but don’t want to spend much on a gaming chair to save up money for other hardware? Finding the best gaming chairs is a whole lot easier when you have a nice fat budget. We all know that high-end chairs take us in with fuzzy bear hugs, but such a feeling can be hard to find in low-budget products.
However, with this guide, you need not worry about that. We’ve done a lot of findings and tests to identify the best cheap gaming chairs out there. We’ll review gaming chairs that offer many high-end features at a price below $200.
These gaming chairs come from reputable brands and give you the best bang for your bucks.
Top 3 budget friendly and best cheap chairs
- HugHouse Musso Series Ergonomic Gaming Chair – Best for big and tall people
- GTRacing Gaming Chair – Best Budget Gaming Chair
- RESPAWN RESPAWN-110 Racing Style Gaming Chair – Best PC Gaming Chair with Footrest
How We Streamlined our Selection for Best Cheap Gaming Chair
There may be millions of gaming chairs in the market, and competition is stiff. But even with that, it isn’t fair to expect the moon from companies at a cheapskate price. However, you sure can expect a decent product for a price range below $200.
The first thing we considered when sifting through cheap gaming chairs is comfort – arguably the most important factor when choosing any type of chair. We wanted our picks to be affordable but also provide excellent comfort with good ergonomic designs.
The comfort a gaming chair offers also depends on how well it suits your gaming space, and our selection is a combination of chairs with large and small frames, as well as those that are foldable for people with limited gaming space. We also checked for materials. We wanted our picks to come with materials that are comfortable and also durable. We excluded any cheap gaming chair with cheap padding and cover materials.
We also considered aesthetics, choosing models with designs and colors that fit best into different gaming spaces. Our picks also include models that suit various compatibility needs. We’ve included models compatible with different consoles and PCs, as well as those with a highly versatile cross-compatibility.
Overall, we ensured our picks provide the best value with a host of features that give users the best bang for their bucks.
The Best Cheap Gaming Chairs
AmazonBasics is one of the fastest-growing subsidiaries of Amazon, thanks to its goal of providing customers with decent models of commodities at a low cost. As with other products form the subsidiary, this high back chair has no spectacular features found in high-end products but comes with decent levels of comfort, sturdiness, and durability.
Between its decent-grade materials, sturdy build, and flexible adjustment features, you’ll get a great value for your money. It’s covered in bonded leather and PVC, a combo that bears a striking semblance to genuine leather. In addition, there are contoured cushions in the seat and back, and the armrest padding provides more support and comfort.
The range of adjustment features also contributes to great comfort levels. In your seating position, you can adjust the chair’s height between 41 -45 inches using the simple pneumatic handle underneath the seat. You can swivel around 360 degrees. A tilt and tension knob allows you to switch between a rocking or stationary mode easily.
- Great value-to-price ratio
- High-grade materials and sturdy build
- Extra support from the padded armrest, and back/seat cushions
- 360-degree swiveling
- Low weight capacity
- Padding and cushioning relatively lighter compared to mid/high range products
This racecar-style gaming chair provides excellent comfort for use in highly intense and long-drawn gameplay. You can only find a few cheap gaming chairs with ergonomic designs like the Respawn-200. Geared toward great comfort, 200’s ergonomic design has a steel frame enveloped in molded foam for snug-fit support and a back seat structure that enables heat control. The stainless steel frame is sturdy enough to stand up to heavyweights and countless hours of seating.
To further enhance comfort, the model features an adjustable headrest and swiveling lumbar support. You can set your reclining position anywhere between 90 – 130 degrees, and lock your recline with an infinite angle lock. The armrest’s height and depth are also easily adjustable.
Another key feature that enhances comfort is the reinforced mesh backing that promotes airflow. The leather material makes for a top-grade leather feel and also makes the seat easier to clean.
- Ergonomic design that makes for great comfort.
- Well-padded armrest and lumbar support
- Adjustable headrest, armrest, and lumbar support
- 360-degree swivel capabilities, with an infinite angle lock
- Backed by an industry-best limited lifetime warranty.
- Relatively pricier than most models in this review.
The Respawn 110 gaming chair offers optimal support and comfort across various angles of reclined sitting. It reclines up to 130 degrees with several locking positions. You can use it in your workspace, then roll it over to gaming space, or lay back comfortably while tuning in to your favorite show.
Its thick padding provides excellent comfort for your butt, back, and neck. The Respawn 100 comes with high-quality materials, covered in soft thread bonded leather that gives it a premium look and feel. There’s also a lumbar cushioning in the headrest, which is easy to adjust. The armrest is also padded and adjustable in 4 directions.
Perhaps its best adjustable feature is its footrest, which you can adjust, retract, or even remove altogether if you’re running short of space.
The entire build is solid enough to last your lifetime if the Limited lifetime warranty of the manufacturer is anything to go by.
- Flurry padding on the armrest, headrest, and footrest makes for great comfort
- The armrest can be adjusted in 4 different directions
- Covered in classy soft-thread bonded leather
- A footrest that’s retractable and detachable
- The recline angle is limited to 130 degrees.
This is one of the best gaming chairs for a well-rounded gaming experience. At a budget price, it packs a punch of features that make for scintillating game time, including comfortable back and lumbar support, and a powerful audio system comprising wireless audio transmission, a thumping subwoofer, and two front speakers. V Rocker SE also provides you with optimal control over audio production with an easily accessible control panel to adjust inputs, outputs, tenor, and volume. It also comes with a headphone jack to keep the sound to yourself in a shared space. The audio system is compatible with many systems, including PlayStation, Xbox, DVD player, and MP3 players.
You’ll also get to enjoy your gameplay all the more thanks to its portable ergonomic design that allows for great comfort. It’s also designed for easy storage, cleaning, and maintenance, thanks to its heavy-duty vinyl cover and mesh. By providing such a great value, V Rocker SE makes a strong case for being the best cheap gaming chair with speakers.
- Solid, durable build
- Ergonomic design that makes it comfortable, portable and easy to store
- A vinyl cover and mesh that makes it stain resistance
- A resounding sound system.
- It could use some more padding.
Coming in at just $89, this Essential gaming chair offers you nearly unbeatable value. It’s another worthy member of the OFM’s Essential line of products, which is known for providing decent value at a cheapskate price.
For the most part, it offers just basic functionalities. You shouldn’t expect to get a fluffy, luxurious feel at such a price; the padding on the seat might not allow for long hours of sitting comfortably, but you can use extra cushioning.
It also comes with a foldable armrest, which you can adjust or make it disappear altogether if you have no use for them. But you can only adjust the armrest in no more than two directions, which might make it a little less comfortable. You may also find the cover a little too rough.
On the brighter side, the chair comes with alluring aesthetics, with multiple colors for you to choose from, including red, blue, and green. You also get a warranty of up to 7 years.
- Breathable materials that help prevent sweating during long hours of gaming
- Ergonomic design that makes for great comfort
- Good support for reclined sitting
- Very affordable
- Comes with chic design in a variety of colors
- Screws might become loose and come in need of tightening now and then
- The frame isn’t big enough for tall people.
The HugHouse Musso gives you the best comfort and support you can find at a price range below $200. You get a reliable, sturdy build, and a wheeled base with silent universal casters, which allow you to use the seat in multiple settings, from your office to your game space, and living room. The ergonomic design allows for long hours of comfortable sitting, with thick cushions, adjustable headsets, a widened seat, and a tall frame. Its stage 5 gas stick will enable you to adjust the height up to 21 inches easily. The thick metal at the base gives you a feeling of firm balance. There’s also the recline feature support that covers up to 180 degrees.
Built with high-grade materials, you can expect the chair to serve you for a long time. It can stand up to long hours of use as well as heavyweights. It can hold weights of up to 300 pounds.
You’ll also like the hardcore camouflage design that makes for robust aesthetics.
- High-grade build with sturdy frames and high-quality casters
- Excellent cushioning
- A robust camouflage design
- Recline support that spans up to 180 degrees
- The camouflage design might appear too macho for female users
For a price slightly above $200, this product gives you a whole bunch of features found only in high-end models. For starters, it makes for premium-level comfort with its adjustable neck pillow, excellent lumbar support, and telescopic footrest.
The lumbar support also doubles as a massager with two massage settings. This eliminates numbness by maximizing blood flow during long hours of sitting. The high-density padding on the seat has a massive 4.8 – inch thickness, which is far more than what is found in most budget gaming chairs.
In addition, customers have access to highly responsive customer support. The manufacturers have a 30-day money-back policy and offer a one-year warranty on the frame.
- Lush cushioning on the seat, back, and neck
- A Vibrating massager with two settings that work on your neck and lower back
- A highly responsive customer support
- The recline angle lock can get stuck at times
- Might be a little squeaky
Our best pick of the bunch is this GTRacing Gaming chair, which gives you all the great features of a premium racecar seat at a budget price. As our best pick, you can expect to find many great features of the other chairs in this review. Entirely covered in premium PU leather, this GTRacing chair gives you a dazzling first impression. The PU leather is robust and sturdy and can last a long time with its quality remaining intact. The leather is also stain-resistant and easy to clean.
Another key feature that makes for great comfort is the high-density sponge used for the padding. The padding is also segmented to maximize comfort and allow for long hours of sitting. There are also two pillows to support your neck and lumbar support that you can adjust for more comfort. It also comes with a retractable footrest with which you can stretch out your legs as far as you find comfortable.
As our top pick, you can also expect it to offer excellent recline support as most of the other models in this review do. This GTRacer comes with a reclined support that stretches down to 170 degrees – a tad short of going completely flat. It’s also capable of swiveling up to 360 degrees, but also comes with patented folding castor wheels that keep the seat firmly in place. You can also adjust its height by up to 3.2 inches.
- Lavish cushioning for great comfort
- Built to accommodate gamers of different sizes, and to hold weights of up to 330 pounds
- Multiple adjustments features to make users feel maximum comfort
- High-grade PU leather cover that’s durable and easy to clean
- The armrest might be a bit too narrow for large-size gamers.
- The PU leather cover isn’t breathable.
Types of Cheap Gaming Chair
The following are the types of gaming chairs you can find for under $200
- Rocker Gaming Chairs
This type of gaming chair is designed for those who believe that the gaming experience gets better the closer to they sit to the ground. Rocker gaming chairs are different from conventional chairs due to the lack of legs, but they also share many similar features, including padded lumbar support, headrest, and armrests. However, since they don’t allow you to keep your feet flat on the ground and your spine in a straight, neutral position, they’re not ideal for sitting for elongated hours.
- Pedestal Game Chairs
These are an intermediary between rocker and conventional seats. They rise slightly above the ground than rockers, and rock and swivel around an elevated pedestal rather than around raised wheels. They also come with armrests and headrests. Their lumbar support is better than that of rockers, but they limit the hip movement since your foot doesn’t rest flat on the floor when seated.
- Bean Bag Gaming Chairs
Bean bags gaming chairs are the cheapest. They lay directly on the floor, and offer little or no back support due to the lack of headrests, armrests lumbar support. But they provide excellent comfort, with a build that’s supple inside-out.
- Memory Foam Gaming Chairs
These are a level up of bean bags, providing the same level of comfort but also making up for back support. They lack many features of conventional seats like headrest, armrests, and lumbar support. But they’re designed to sculpt the curves of the body sitting on it. As a result, they offer immense support for the lumbar, upper back and neck. But since your legs will come far too close to the floor, your knees can easily get crammed up when seating too long on a memory foam gaming chair.
- PC Gaming Chairs
Since PCs are typically placed on desks elevated off the floor, PC gaming chairs, by design, are well-raised off the floor. To enhance comfort during long hours of sitting, they feature a “bucket style” seat that cups you up and allow you to place your feet flat out on the ground. They also support swiveling and reclined seating — most low-cost models can lean back up to 180 degrees.
What to Consider When Choosing a Gaming Seat
You might not be lucky enough to find a cheap gaming chair with a bunch of high-end features. However, it’s sensible to expect a whole lot more than just the basics from the best cheap gaming seats. Here’s what to expect from a good cheap gaming chair:
- Comfort: First, on your list of shopping criteria should be comfort. You don’t need to dole out a lot of money to get a gaming seat that feels comfortable. The best cheap gaming chairs offer top-rate comfort.
- Material: You can find cheap gaming chairs with materials that feel and look premium. Your cheap gaming chair’s fabric should be comfortable, durable, and preferably breathable.
- Casters: Caters dictate weight distribution when you’re seated. Carpet casters are the most preferable for gamers because they allow for easier movement.
- Armrest: You need excellent arm support in your seated gaming position. If you’re keen on getting optimal armrest support, go for models with 4D armrests.
- Head Support: If you’re suffering from chronic back pain or any head-related problems, it’s best to opt for a cheap gaming seat with head support.
- Lumbar Support: This helps you maintain a good posture when seating. Different models use different types of lumbar support, including cushions for the lumbar area or adjustable lumbar pillows, choose the one that suits you best.
- Audio System: If you’d like your gaming chair to enhance the sound experience of your gameplay, then you can also include speaker and subwoofers in your shopping criteria.
- What are the age limits for cheap gaming chairs?
You can find cheap gaming chairs for people of all ages and genders. You simply need to check if the chair is geared toward a person’s weight and height.
- How can I hook up a gaming chair to Xbox One?
Since Xbox has only an HDMI cable and doesn’t support Bluetooth, you may need to connect the gaming chair to the T.V instead using a digital audio to RCA phono adapter, which you can easily find online or a well-stocked electronics shop.
- How can I connect my gaming chair to PlayStation 4?
As with X box, PlayStation 4 only has an HDMI cable for video and audio and doesn’t support Bluetooth beyond PS4 accessories. So you also have to connect your gaming chair directly to the T.V using digital optical audio to RCA photo adapter.
- How can I connect my gaming chair to PC?
It’s easy to connect a gaming chair with speakers directly to a PC. You simply need to plug one end of the audio cables that come with your seat into the audio port of the chair, and then plug the other end into the sound card port of your PC.
You don’t need a deep pocket to get a gaming chair that you can sink into for hours on end playing your favorite games. The best cheap gaming chairs offer you great comfort, support, no matter your age, weight, or size. They come with all the unique features necessary for comfortable seating position, including head support, lumbar support, and armrest. You’ll also find cheap models that ramp up the fun of gameplay with special features like speakers and subwoofers, vibrators and massagers, and lots more..