The VoIP or Voice over IP has gained popularity in recent past. The headset microphones are extensively used by gamers and in professional places. These are installed with plenty of features making it a suitable buy. Starting from noise cutting technology to top-notch comfort, these are a good buy. So, to avoid the experience of bad call or lag problem while gaming, it is recommended to opt for quality headset microphones. The recent headsets come with proper audio and voice adjustment controls making it convenient to use.
So, as you go through the list mentioned below, you grasp better insight into the functionality of the headset microphones. By considering the mentioned features, it will help take an informed decision about buying the right headset.
1. HyperX Cloud II Gaming Headset – 7.1 Surround Sound – Memory Foam Ear Pads – Durable Aluminum Frame – Multi Platform Headset – Works with PC, PS4, PS4 PRO, Xbox One, Xbox One S – Red (KHX-HSCP-RD) (Excellent mic system, comfort headphones)
The HyperX Cloud II Gaming Headset microphone stands out for its innovative design that makes it easy to use. The USB top-notch sound card comes with 7.1 virtual surround sound capacities. Moreover, the inland sound card enables noise cancelling functionality works to great level and obstructs outside sound from interfering. Its frequency response is 15-25kKhz along with ambient noise attenuation is approximately 20 dBa. This product can be rightly considered as a quality one as it offers comfort and easy to use. Users can easily control its Mic and audio volume and mute it through USB. Therefore, it is suitable to be used both in professional places and by gamers.
The headset offers excellent level of safety when using it and it comes with padded ear cups with additional memory foams. This secures ears from any damage even after prolonged use. Besides, it has 53mm of speaker drivers that gives crystal clear effects with crisp medium and other additional effects. For better bass-reproduction, the audio level can be adjusted. This gives the gamers the feeling of playing the game in real. Moreover, the mic attached in the front portion of the headset is flexible as it can be moved into any direction as per convenience. So, with USB 7.1 connectivity, it is compatible to be used with PCs.
- Installed with 53mm speaker drivers that gives clear results
- Packed with crisp mic system
- Excellent padding for comfort of ear for prolonged use
- Headset cables are of short length
2. Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 Wireless with Active Noise Cancellation- Black (Brilliant noise cancellation technology)
The product comes with noise cancellation technique and helps augment sound quality in noisy areas. On a comparing note, this wireless headset microphone gives a tough competition to other products with 22 hours of battery life allowing you to go wireless. Moreover, you can access this wireless facility during long plane flights as it cuts outside sound and offers easy to access Bluetooth functionality. This microphone works on two built-in microphones that helps get unhindered voice removing external voice disturbances during calls. It has Bluetooth 4.0 that frees you from using wire and it remains paired with other devices continuously reducing power consumption. Also, it has frequency response of 16 Hz to 22000 Hz enabling the headset to produce good quality vibrating sound. All these features together provide best quality audio making it suitable both for gaming and professional use.
The product comes installed with Near Field Communication connectivity standard due to which it can be paired with nearby devices. Easy pairing can be enabled by a single tap on any ear pads are enough to connect the device. For immersive listening ability, the above said headset microphone is the suitable option. Even, users can get better voice output as the product is installed with dual-microphone features.
- Excellent noise cancellation functionality
- Offers top-notch voice quality by eliminating external disturbances
- Near Field communication technology helps in easy pairing up with other devices
- Ear cups padding could offer more comfort
- Driver installation can be difficult
3. Razer Kraken Tournament Edition THX 7.1 Surround Sound Gaming Headset: Aluminum Frame – Retractable Noise Cancelling Mic – USB DAC Included – for PC, Xbox, PS4, Nintendo Switch – Green (Excellent overall performance)
The product is installed with 50mm drivers[MOU1] which mean the driver unit is bigger making it the perfect pick for gamers as it enhances the sound output giving gamers real-time gaming experience. The padding in the ear cups of the microphone is a quality one offering excellent comfort level. In addition, it has cooling cushions that easily prevents overheating and unnecessary pressure build-up in the headset even after prolonged use. [MOU2]
The noise cancelling technology is another reason to consider it as a suitable purchase. Also, the cardioid mic will reduce surrounding sound and the other end users can clearly hear it without any hindrances. With easy controlling features such as analog volume settings with quick to use mic mute button, it comes with great convenience. However, the designing makes it a lightweight and a durable one.
- Offers top-level audio quality suitable for gamers
- Gives crisp sound quality as installed with neodymium magnet drivers
- Mic is flexible and moved as per requirement
- Driver installing is a little challenging
This wireless gaming headset microphone is compatible with PC USB port in OS like Windows 7, 8 and 10. Excellent CORSAIR build provides excellent durability giving the best gaming experience. It comes with 20Hz frequency response and 38dB+ sensitivity offering high quality sound effect. Also, it is installed with 50mm neodymium speaker driver that helps to get accurate and loud sound. Adding to this, the reason of its quality output sound is its frequency range that varies from 100 Hz to 10 KHz which is comparatively high than average products. Therefore, with all top-notch features, it has the potency to be used for prolonged gaming sessions.
Unidirectional microphone setup with LED mute switch helps reduce surrounding noise instantly while gaming and users can only hear the enhanced voice that cuts through all other hindrances. For excellent comfort while gaming and audio performance, this wireless headset will offer ultimate experience for gamers. The audio drivers can be installed easily and drivers enable clear communication due to its outstanding sound quality.
- Adjustable and fits perfectly on ear cups
- Mic lifts up easily with easy to switch off mute button
- Comfort fitting cuts off any surrounding noise
- Headset lacks play and pause button
- Position of power button is not convenient to use
5. SteelSeries Siberia 840 Lag-Free Wireless Gaming Headset with Bluetooth, OLED Transmitter and Dolby 7.1 Surround (Appropriate for lag free gaming)
To use a lag free headset microphone while playing, SteelSeries Siberia 840 Lag-Free Wireless Gaming Headset would be the best buy. This 2.4GHz wireless audio device gives better coverage through longer ranges, which can be considered a good potential density compared to other poor frequency devices. The headset gives a long 20 hours of battery life of almost which help gamers while playing tournaments. Even after prolonged usage, the headsets will not make your ears uncomfortable due to its extra layer of padding inside the headset. With Bluetooth mobile connectivity, users can take calls on mobile phones and talk through the headset. So, with features like wireless music streaming, convenient audio settings coupled with volume and mute button, the product will be among the perfect buy.
The 7.1 quality surrounding sound of headset enables directional positioning of sound and cuts any disturbing noise when playing or attending calls using the headset. Even users can experience stereo type of sound quality on Xbox one, Switch, mobile and other devices. Users can even get access to VoIP chat using the headset microphone.
- Excellent battery backup with second backup battery charging in the headset.
- Offers wireless range over a long distance making it convenient to use the headset cord
- Fits perfectly on ears making it suitable for gamers
- Control settings could have been better for convenient use
- Overall designing could have been better
6. Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930 with 7.1 Surround Sound, Wireless Headphones with Microphone (Superb frequency range and wireless headset)
Lag free gaming experience along with top-quality headset is something that most gamers desire. For this, the Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset will be the perfect pick. With high quality sound and crystal-clear voice, gamers can get crystal clear sound when they playing. Also, when attending calls through this headset and your voice clearly reaches the other end user cutting all sound hindrances. The headset has 50 to 20 KHz frequency response that ensures better audible frequency. Moreover, the headset has the capability to predict directional sound by which users are precisely aware of surrounding happenings. With a 40mm headphone driver, the headset gives better sound output. Adding to this, it has a wide frequency response which is better compared to other average headsets available. The surrounding sound quality has Dolby 7.1 range that adds definition to the sound quality and totally cuts off any external sound from penetrating.
The headset is compatible to pair up with different versions such as Windows Vista, 7 or 8. Just by plugging into system’s USB port and checking proper installation of the audio drivers of the microphone, users are good to go. Besides, the headset is packed with easy to operate audio control. Adding to the convenience of gamers, the headset has swappable batteries to enable long battery life of 10 hours. If gamers have to use the mic while playing, they can flexibly rotate it to mute it.
- Perfect product for professional work such as VoIP
- Remote settings are convenient to use
- Easy to plugin and use with Windows PC
- Sound quality for listening to music could have been better
- Driver installation seems to be daunting
- Battery life ends fast
7. Logitech G933 Artemis Spectrum – Wireless RGB 7.1 Dolby and DTS Headphone Surround Sound Gaming Headset – PC, PS4, Xbox One, Switch, and Mobile Compatible – Advanced Audio Drivers – Black (Top-notch sound effects)
For superior sound quality, the Logitech G933 Artemis Spectrum is the perfect pick that comes installed with Pro-GTM audio drivers. These drivers give excellent quality sound performance with noise isolation. The gamers can play wirelessly for 8 long hours without the hindrance of lag in connectivity. The headset supports pairing with multiple platforms such as PCs, PS4s, PS3s, Xbox one, PC, TV and others. The 2.4 GHz connectivity of the wireless headset offers better coverage in terms of network speed. Even for better call quality, multiple sources of audio setups can be connected with this headset. This enables gamers to listen to music while gaming. Interestingly, the microphone can be customized for ease of usage and users can set keys as per convenience of gaming.
- Brilliant sound quality making it suitable both for listening music and gaming
- Easy to use programmable button
- nice setup mic that gives clear sound without hindrance of surrounding noise
- Battery life could have been a bit extended
- Head cushion fixings are less comfortable
8. Redgear Cosmo 7.1 USB Gaming Headphones with RGB LED Effect, Mic and in-line Controller for PC (LED light effect and excellent in-line controller)
The Redgear gaming headphone is the perfect one as it comes with 7.1 effects producing high quality surrounding sound giving it a theatre like experience. The good quality sound will be helpful both for gamers and attending calls using the headset. With noise cancellation microphone setting, user can clearly hear the sound and it cuts off any external noise or disturbance. User can enjoy LED light effects on the ear cups that make the headset looks fashionable. An additional layer of padding gives comfort to users when using the headset for long time.
Excellent sound quality enables gamers to stay focused in the game throughout the time and giving a real time experience by cutting any external sound hindrance while playing. The mic has excellent range of adjustments and so, gamers can change the direction of the mic as per gaming requirements.
- Over-ear design gives top-level comfort for long hour usage
- Easy sound control setting reproducing crisp sound
- Excellent noise cancelling technology
- Driver installation seems difficult
9. Onikuma K5-N Gaming Headset with LED Lights and Noise Cancelling Microphone (Black) (Noise-cancelling technology and LED light effects)
To get immersive sound quality, the Onikuma K5-N Gaming Headset is the suitable option that comes with noise cancelling capability that can create better shield in ears. It comes with 50mm driver that enables powerful sound quality for gamers and callers attending calls over the headset. The frequency range varies from 20 Hz to 20 KHz offering a quality sound range with lower chance of being responsive to outside noise. Resulting from this, it can produce accurate sound giving excellent experience while gaming or doing other tasks. Also, the headset enables directional audio feature along with excellent sound clarity enabling users to be aware of what is happening around. For gamers, to get the real feel of the game, this microphone would be the perfect buy.
The headset has anti-static design that prevents ear from damage from heavy sound effect. Also, the ear cups come with extra protein cushion coat offering additional comfort level to ears making it suitable for prolonged use. So, the device fits on user’s head without any problem even when using it for long. The headset microphone is compatibility to run on Windows PC, Xbox one and other devices.
- Offers excellent compatibility with most of the devices
- Extra padding on ear cup offers comfort
- Brilliant noise cancelling technology
- Driver installation can be difficult
- Mic flexibility could have been better
10. BENGOO G9000 Stereo Gaming Headset for PS4, PC, Xbox One Controller, Noise Cancelling Over Ear Headphones with Mic, LED Light, Bass Surround, Soft Memory Earmuffs for Laptop Mac Nintendo Switch Games (Excellent surrounding sound effect and perfect for gamers)
The Bengoo stereo gaming headset comes with excellent stereo surrounding effect. Adding to this, it has high precision of 40mm magnetic neodymium driver resolving distortion problem resulting in clarity sound. With best acoustic positioning, the speaker unit’s sensitivity is enhanced and user can have better idea about directional audio. This feature is helpful for gamers as they can concentrate better on gaming. The VoIP facility enables high quality communication using the headset microphone. The manufacturers have designed the headset to make it perfect for users. It enables wide range of adjusting options of the mic as per convenience. Even easy volume control makes it perfect for gamers.
With great designing, the above set headset guarantees superior comfort along with air permeable protein ear cups for extra comfort to ears. For a complete gaming experience, the headset has LED lights that are entertaining and helps highlight the gaming atmosphere.
- Installed with decent mic sound and it is flexible to use
- Comes with 6’ long cable
- Comfortably sits on head without causing any pain to ears
- Excellent audio adjustment settings coupled with noise cancelling technology
- A mic knob would have been better
Elaborative buyer’s guide to buy headset microphone
There are plenty of brands offering headsets with microphones available in the market. So, to get hands on a quality one, several factors need to be considered. The following guide shall help you pick the right one.
Check quality of sound
For choosing the right headphone, different parts of audio system will contribute in providing quality sound. Here, user may refer one sound quality over the other. It is recommended to try listening to the sound quality before buying the headsets. Also, for online purchase, check return policies to ensure that user can easily return an unsatisfied purchase or a wrong purchase.
Check Hardware compatibility
Before buying headset microphone, it is better that user should have clear idea about how the VoIP hardware works. Make sure that it is compatible to run with several Windows version. Also, the headset drivers could be easily installed on the system. Even if when user is buying wireless headset, make sure that there is adequate support for running the headset with the system with which user wish to pair it up. So, make the right investment that shall empower headset hardware enabling in lag free access while gaming or taking professional calls.
In case of headsets, user should check performance of range and voice quality. The standards incorporated during manufacturing should be checked. Also, the noise cancelling technology helps in eliminating additional surrounding sound while gaming or taking calls. Resulting from this, user can hear crisp sound which is also crystal-clear. Checking the range within which the headset works should be checked for better performance of the device.
Durability and comfort are important
Whether using the headset for gaming or for making professional calls, the headset should be comfortable to wear for long hours. The ear cups of the device should have extra layer of padding with cushions that would prevent any damage of ear. Also, this would prevent that no pressure is given on the top of user’s head.
Apart from this, durability is another important factor. Even after prolonged and continual use, the cord and the device should function perfectly. If user is buying headset with cord, the length of the cord should be good enough to use it flexibly. Also, the attached mic should rotate in all directions making it convenient to use.
Set a budget
Though price is not the most important factor but it is among the vital considerations. There are lots of cheap priced headsets and here lies the problem. Never make the mistake of getting hands on the cheap priced ones as the features are not up to the mark. Even if there are lots of features, its durability could not be ensured. The price will depend on the functionality of the device. Also, a wireless headset is more expensive compared to a corded headset. So, set the budget properly along with features that are important to have before you make the purchase.
Good battery life is required
If the headset comes with Bluetooth functionality and noise cancelling technology, it should have a good battery life. To prevent caught up in between gaming or an important official call, it is better to check that the headset offers 10 to 12 hours of battery life at a stretch.
Common FAQs relating to headset microphone
1. Does the noise-cancelling technology matters in a microphone?
Answer: manufacturers claim that the headsets come with noise-cancelling technology. But in most cases, this technology is coupled with noise isolation features, though both are different. However, these helps augment the sound quality.
2. How to achieve best voice quality with headphone mic?
Answer: If user pick from any of the above said products, they can get good voice quality when attending calls using headphone mic. Also, user should bring the mic close to mouth when talking.
3. Is uni-directional mic better compared to omni directional ones?
Answer: The uni-directional ones are better compared to omnidirectional. The uni-dircetional mic will catch sound and voice only from one direction unlike the other one. However, this makes a difference when taking calls in crowded place.
The concluding part
To choose the right headset microphone, user should identify the features that would make the item stand out as the best. Even if user is not aware of 2.4GHz connection or magnet drivers installed in the headset, knowing about the functionality of the features will help. Therefore, the above mentioned guide has been structured to help customers from hassles of choosing the right one. So, choosing product from the above said list will help you get hands on the right product which is a quality one. However, it will be a worthy purchase considering its versatility and top-notch sound quality.